Courtesy Pay Disclosure
It is important for you to use your checking account responsibly and to never intentionally overdraw your account. However, we realize that financial shortfalls happen from time to time and we have two options available for you. As a benefit to our members, we offer these useful services to cover you in the event that you overdraw your checking account.
Overdraft Protection Options:
1. Transfer From Another Account - If you have other accounts with us, you can authorize us in advance to transfer the funds needed to cover your overdraft. There is no charge for this service. Please contact Member Services for details.
2. Courtesy Pay - Courtesy Pay is a service we add to your checking account to cover overdrafts to a set limit, subject to the eligibility criteria as explained below. With Courtesy Pay we will generally pay your overdraft items up to $550 (including fees) however, whether your overdrafts will be paid is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not. pay overdrafts if your account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. When we pay overdraft items for you, you will be charged our normal overdraft fee, currently $29, for each item that is presented. Both the amount of the overdraft transactions and all applicable fees including but not limited to the overdraft fees, are included in this limit. We will charge our overdraft or NSF fee for each overdraft transaction presented whether we pay it into overdraft or return it. All deposits to overdrawn accounts are applied to the negative balance.
Courtesy Pay Eligibility
No application is required for the Courtesy Pay; eligibility is at the sole discretion of the Credit Union and is based on you managing your checking account in a responsible manner. Your Courtesy Pay may be suspended or permanently removed based on the following criteria:
- You do not bring your account to a positive balance for at least one full business day within a 30 day period.
- You have an account that has been opened less than 60 days.
- Your account type is not eligible.
- You are more than 30 days past due on any Credit Union loan or delinquent on any other obligation to the Credit Union.
- You are subject to any legal or administrative orders, levy, or are currently a party in a bankruptcy proceeding.
- You have an outstanding balance on an Overdraft Repayment Plan.
- Your account is being reviewed for fraudulent activity or transactions.
- The primary account owner is less than 18 years old.
- A poor Chex Systems score or any other negative indicator has been reported to us.
- Your account is classified as inactive.
- You have an unresolved prior loss with the Credit Union.
- We do not have a valid address for you.
- We believe you are not managing your account in a responsible manner which may harm you or us.
Transactions Covered By Courtesy Pay - If elected, Courtesy Pay will be available for all checks written, in person withdrawals, ACH preauthorized transactions, recurring debit card transactions and Internet banking bill pay. Courtesy Pay will NOT be available for ATM and everyday debit card transactions unless you authorize the Credit Union by opting in on the Courtesy Pay Program Election Form. NOTE: If you have consented to Courtesy Pay for ATM transactions, please verify your balance before initiating an ATM cash withdrawal. All overdrafts will be subject to our $29 overdraft fee for each withdrawal until the account returns to a positive balance. You must bring your account back to a positive balance for at least one full business day in a 30 day period.
Payment Order Of Items - The order in which items are presented may affect the total fees assessed to your account. The first items that we pay are telephone initiated transfers, ATM withdrawals, debit card transactions, and any checks cashed by our employees or that you have written to us. We then pay any items that were submitted electronically, such as ACH items, preauthorized automatic transfers, and any other electronic transfers. Finally, we pay the remaining items based on dollar amount; from lowest amount to highest amount. NOTE: Please be aware that holds placed on your account for pending electronic transactions, such as hotel or rental car deposits, reduce your available balance and may cause your account to become overdrawn. Your available balance is your actual balance minus any holds.
Account Agreement - Your account agreement describes the duties, obligations, and rights of depositors, authorized signatories and the Credit Union with regard to your deposit accounts. That account agreement is incorporated herein for all purposes as if it were set forth verbatim as to matters not directly addressed by this disclosure. Your account agreement and this disclosure shall be construed so as to minimize conflicts between them.
Waiver: The Credit Union's forbearance from, or delay in, exercising any of the Credit Union's rights, remedies, privileges, or right to insist on your strict performance of any provisions of your account agreement, this Courtesy Pay disclosure, or any other provision related to your account, shall not be construed to be a current or future waiver of the Credit Union's rights, remedies or privileges.
Remedy: You and the Credit Union agree that the exclusive remedy and forum for all disputes arising out of the Courtesy Pay or your or Credit Union's performance there under, except for matters you or Credit Union take to small claims court, is arbitration by an independent arbitrator pursuant to the applicable rules of the American Arbitration Association, except as prohibited by law.
Opt Out - If you do not want Courtesy Pay on your account, you may opt out by contacting the Member Services Department for a form or by completing the Courtesy Pay Program Election Form at any of our locations. It is important for you to consider that there is no additional cost for the Courtesy Pay and that by electin got opt out you are instructing us to return unpaid any items presented against insufficient funds, including electronic items. We will deny overdraft access through any electronic channels such as ATM or debit card transactions. Even though you have opted out, you will still be charged our $29 fee for each item returned. Members who receive a Social Security or other entitlement benefit must opt out if they do not want us to apply those funds to pay an overdraft.
Effective Date: All information listed in this disclosure is effective 9/1/2021.Go to main navigation